About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA
I looked at everything and felt fine with it. You know, at peace. Not that everything was perfect. But it was life. I was living it, and that alone felt pretty damn good. But there was more than that. Much more. An unexplainable amount of goodness more. It was all this good stuff that made it even better. Worth it. Fun.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Which one Ruined Golf? Duck Hunt Meets the PGA, Phones Debut

What an idiot

Tripp Isenhour, a two-year, part-time PGA tour card holder, aimed at and killed a red-shouldered hawk with a golf ball on Wednesday. The hawk reportedly was annoying Isenhour while he was filming a golf shot for the television show "Shoot Like a Pro" in Orlando.

Taking matters into his own hands, Isenhour repeatedly aimed at the bird, which was too loud for his taste, until he shot it down. The bird was buried on the course.

While Isenhour has released an official statement saying he's an animal lover and his shots had no ill intentions, his actions have spoken much louder than his words, which come all too late. I don't think anyone cares if you have three adopted cats at home dude.

Here I thought we golfed to escape the city and to see birds and to be one with nature. What was I thinking?

Apparently, going out on a golf course has now become some twisted version of "Duck Hunt."

I'm not the best golfer, I never had a card on the Tour to lose twice and I don't shoot TV shows, but I do think this guy should be banned from the sport.

We all make mistakes of course, but this is malice people.

The great outdoors are part of what makes golf great, and if Isenhour can't understand that, he's lacking a basic respect for the game and for those who've played before him. At the least, we should put Isenhour's picture up at every golf course in the nation with a large "BANNED" above it.

No more golf for you mister, not after that.

I always thought Tiger would aim at a fan on purpose after she snapped a souvenir during the Champ's back swing.

I didn't think golf was so inhumane.

And talk about ruining golf.

Alexander Graham Bell applied for a patent for the telephone on this day in 1876.

I hate phones. Phones will mess up golf real quick.

I'm the first to admit that I talk on them constantly, and yes, I've had a cell phone since 2000, but I mean it, I really hate them.

Mom, I love you. I love you too Dad, and Sis too, but can't we all just wait till we get home?

It's impersonal. It's trapping. The things are practically plugged into our kids nowadays, and no where is safe from their reach.

How many times have you had a buddy take calls on the course? People texting in the golf cart? Other people you don't know talking loud enough so that you can hear them as you're lining up for double-bogey three holes away?

Thank Bell for that.

Actually, today I guess it kind of makes sense.

Yesterday, a little bit of nature died on the course. Yes, it is sad when humans show disrespect for any life.

But March 7, 1876 was a far more infamous day for golf and for golfers.

No comments: